It seems to me that sometimes God just waits for us to ask...
This past summer, our LightBridge staff began to pray for some 'boots on the ground' in our MineField Village in Cambodia. We realized, in fresh ways, that we were at a place of needing a person to work in the village for longer than just a couple of weeks at a time. As a staff, we spent some time asking God to provide His person for this job. We had no idea who this person would be; we just asked God to provide.
I'm not kidding when I say that a mere three weeks after that prayer, God put the wheels and logistics in motion for two Cambodian interns, Jonathan & David, to plan their move near the village. When we first prayed for 'boots on the ground', we had no idea who God had in mind. I think back on that prayer and realize that God must have been thinking: "I've been wondering when you were going to ask Me...I've just been waiting for you to ask."
And now, just a couple months since that first prayer, it seems like God is answering again as another intern, Brooke Arnold, has sensed God's calling to minister in our village as well. She has begun to raise her support to depart in early November and serve at the village for three months. I'm blown away that God not only answered the initial request we prayed, but He is answering it in triplicate...providing three people to be our boots on the ground during these months. What an amazingly faithful God.
Would you join me in thanking God for His faithfulness in answering prayer? These interns have their work cut out for them with much to accomplish in the village. Would you pray for them with us? Here are some specific needs:
- Pray for Jonathan and David who are already at the village working. Pray for building and strengthening of trust and relationships with villagers.
- Pray for their work with the school as they teach English and Bible to the children. Pray for creativity and connection with each child.
- Pray for Brooke as she prepares to leave on November 5th. Pray for the finances to come in quickly and that God brings to mind all that she needs to do to wrap up and prepare for the next three months.
- Pray for clarity and understanding in the village for Brooke. She will continue the training on water filtration, health and hygiene as well as lead our job-creation program, LandMine Design. Pray also that she is able to establish a suitable indigenous leader to oversee this program.
- Praise the Lord for His provision of incredible ticket prices for Brooke...we were able to get her tickets at half the normal price...praise Jesus!
- Pray for safety and health for each one -- living out there for extended periods creates many opportunities for illness or injury.
- Pray that God would deepen the faith of all three in authentic, vibrant and even surprising ways.
Thank you for being a part of what God is doing so far away from our western world. He is redeeming lives and answering prayer and we're so thankful to partner with you in watching Him work!
Thankful for you...