As the end of 2014 nears, I find myself reminiscing about all that God has done throughout the year. How thankful I am for the ways He is working. I hope you'll join me in praising the Lord for His good work...here are just a few of the things God did:
* Provided enough sponsors and funds for us to not only educate 150 kids in the MineField School, but also provided for us to feed these kids each and every school day!
* Brought two full-time Cambodian interns to serve in our village for five months. Jonathan and David worked hard at advancing our clean water initiatives, teaching English and Bible as well as loving on the kids at our school.
* Called Brooke Arnold to serve in Cambodia as our program manager for three months. Her tireless work with our job creation program, plus countless other not-in-the-job-description tasks have advanced our work in the village in deeply impacting ways.
* Empowered some of our orphans to graduate from high school and college this year.
* Protected our refugee orphans from deportation back to the country from which they fled.
* Strengthened and gave enormous wisdom to our orphanage directors (in three orphanages) who serve as house-parents to the orphans in their care.
* Employed eight Cambodian women in our job creation program, www.landminedesign.org. These women are now earning an income from which they are able to feed their families while they work from home crafting lovely jewelry for a western market. We're praying for the resources to expand the program in 2015 by employing 16 women.
* Provided the resources to build a medical clinic in our village. We're praying for the staff and funds to operate the clinic and provide medical care to villagers in 2015.
* Trained and enabled us to hire an indigenous manager for LandMine Design. Leakhenna is a pastor's wife, loves the Lord, and is passionate about evangelism and discipleship of the ladies in our program as well as the village as a whole.
This list is just a small sampling of the things that the Lord did in 2014 in our LightBridge locations. As we close out the year, I'm thankful for God's work and also for the ways He is using you to partner with us through your prayer support and financial gifts. Won't you join us in thanking Him for His work? Also, please join us in praying for clear direction and provision in all the Kingdom work He has planned for 2015.
Thank you! Your partnership and prayer support mean more than my meager words can convey. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for 2015 and hope you will continue to join with us. I hope you'll also consider a tax-deductible gift to LightBridge as the year draws to a close. Donations postmarked or given online by December 31, 2014 will be tax deductible for this year. I'm grateful for your partnership!
Happy New Year!