Hello Prayer Team...
As we prepare for the coming celebration of Jesus' birth, my heart is overflowing with gratitude for you! You are an encouragement to my heart in the ways you join with us in caring for the Orphan and the Poor through your faithful prayer support, encouraging words and sacrificial gifts. Before the year comes to an end, I want to celebrate the work God is doing through you. Here are just a few of His workings this past year:
- Building of the new LandMine Design headquarters -- With profound gratitude, the Lord burdened a new friend's heart with the need for a proper workplace for the ladies in our job creation program (for the past two years, we had been meeting/working in the village's small medical clinic). We can hardly believe the beauty of this building and pray that the Lord would expand the program in mighty ways so we may employ and educate many more women from within this new space. Currently, we are so blessed to employ 12 women in the program as well as two indigenous managers and one driver/security guard. How thankful we are to see this program growing and excelling.
- Diminished failure to thrive -- Thanks to many of you who sponsor kids in the MineField or give to the ongoing work, we have been able to provide lunch each school day to the 135 kids enrolled in the LightBridge school. Not only are these kids receiving a top-notch education, they are doing so with full bellies, able and eager to learn. Failure to thrive used to be so common in the village. Today, we see kids growing into healthy bodies that empower intelligent minds to learn.
- Orphans growing up -- Thanks to faithful sponsors who lovingly pray and give, the orphans in our LightBridge orphanages are growing up to know the love of their Creator, enjoy the safety of a loving home and receive an education through college. Orphan care is an ongoing ministry that happens over years and years. How grateful I am for so many of you who give and sponsor to see this ministry continue each and every year.
- Refugees returning to their homeland -- This year, we have been honored to continue providing sponsorship funds from many of you for Jury's Orphanage as they prepare to return to their home country of Burma to live in the jungle. We trust the Lord to protect and continue to provide for Jury's Orphanage, through you, as they plan to move in the next few months. Our hearts are burdened for their safety, but also challenged by their vision and obedience to bring the message of Jesus to their own country.
I hope these snapshots give you a glimpse of the work God is doing through you in the LightBridge locations just this past year. Would you continue to cover the work of LightBridge in your prayer support during this holiday season? Here are some specific things to be praying about:
- We will be leading a team of military members/families to a new village in Cambodia the day after Christmas. The stellar education happening at the LightBridge school in the MineField has gained a strong reputation among other local schools, including the school at this new (to us) village located near the MineField. As an organization, we seek to lead with relationship first before becoming involved with finances or resources. Thanks to this team of military folks from Okinawa, Japan, we will begin to build relationships with this village by hosting a VBS for the children in the school. Would you please pray for the Spirit to work through this time as it will be the very first time this village has heard the message of the Gospel? Pray for clarity in teaching, safety for the team members and great movement in the hearts of the team as they love on the children of this village.
- Our family (Todd, Karla, Zach and Jordan) will be leading this team. Please pray for all the logistics to fall into place, for our communication and working together as a family working together, for safety in all travel, and for a keen sense in leading this team well into understanding more of the heart of God for the Poor. We are excited for the truly incredible privilege it is to return to Cambodia as a family and to be a part of leading this team into the new village.
- Shortly after the team from Okinawa returns to Japan, we will meet a second team from Colorado who will be working with us in all of our LightBridge locations. We will also be doing a lot of sourcing work for our job creation program during this second team. Please pray for covering from the Lord during this time as well. I look forward to sharing the stories on that side of the ocean!
Finally, would you pray about the financial need at the year-end for LightBridge? We are trusting the Lord to provide for the ongoing work during the final days of 2015 so that we may reach our budget goals for this past year. We also are praying for the Lord to provide the remaining funds needed to build two schools: one in Cambodia and the other in Burma in 2016. I know there are many places, people, and ministries you may give to; if the Lord is leading you to give a special year-end gift to LightBridge, I'd be so grateful for your investment and involvement in this way. I hope you will join us in praying during this Christmas season and also consider giving a special gift, as the Lord leads you. All gifts postmarked or given online by January 31, 2015, are tax deductible for this year.
Thank you for standing with us again this past year! I hope each of you has time this Christmas to savor the season with the Lord and with your loved ones. I also pray that the celebration of the birth of Jesus holds many beautiful surprises for you...kinda like the many surprises His birth brought 2,000 years ago!
Merry Christmas, Friends!